[DE]Drew

The Amazing Eternals Development

The only thing I was enjoying at the moment.. Gone... :(

Been playing every day.. Got some friends to play it with me. Yeah matchmaking was bad but.. It's a Beta, people join, test it out and quit. It's always like this, but at release allot of them will come back.

I think the main problem is that you don't reach enough people. I was at several LAN parties and people were like, "What's that game? Looks kinda nice"
Maybe you could put it on STEAM like you did with Warframe,  the number of players will sky rocket.

Maybe it's a money issue for your team, but you should keep this game alive, you should love the work you delivered.

People that are saying it's a Overwatch clone don't know ****. I actually play both and this gives a completely different feel. It's refreshing, making your own build and dominating with it or getting destroyed by a counter build. The tactics and choices you can make in this game are endless, even with just the Beta content.

I really loved this game! I already played it more then some of the big titles I bought over the years.

Can you keep a server up? :(

Thanks for the experience either way. Love the game! :x:(

• Like 2

On 10/29/2017 at 7:50 PM, Rocks said:

You know what? i really valued this game, but at present time, any competitive shooter will pale in front of battlegrounds, that game is leaving no room for new pvp shooters in the market and at least that was the reason i stopped playing AE, LawBreakers is a dead land, Battlefront 2 and Destiny are following the same road, and it is all because of PUBG, i hope that you somehow fit all of your work into warframe, a lot of people wanted conclave to be what TAE and i see a good flux of players in there for "TAE" mode, good luck, again, your game was fun, but the pvp shooter market is in a crysis right now.

At this point I wish they'd just turn TAE into a borderlands style PvE shooter on the scale that Warframe has with PvP on the side.  'Course that's wishful thinking seeing that they've canned the game at this point.

Edited by Urabask

Only just heard about this. If AE comes back, will we keep our founders stuff? Havnt played the game since before getting the founder kit. Didnt want to burn out before full release (ironic really). It would be nice if i hadnt payed alot of money for nothing TT_TT.

5 hours ago, chaotea said:

Only just heard about this. If AE comes back, will we keep our founders stuff? Havnt played the game since before getting the founder kit. Didnt want to burn out before full release (ironic really). It would be nice if i hadnt payed alot of money for nothing TT_TT.

They are returning all the founder funds. You don't lose a thing I suppose.. EXCEPT for the game :(

15 hours ago, Xercium said:

They are returning all the founder funds. You don't lose a thing I suppose.. EXCEPT for the game :(

Oh, i thought you had to request a refund. Nevermind.

I've been wondering what's been going on and had heard rumors but had been too afraid to look. I really enjoyed this game and have spent a lot more time enjoying Warframe and the community around it. DE you guys are doing things so right with your company and community; it's why I love you so much. It's sad to see TAE go and I hope it returns, it was such a fun game and I really enjoyed how the board was shaping out to work after the reset; but, I understand the decision and also understand that maybe you guys were fighting yourselves a little too much with the recent release of the Planes of Eidolon update. 

Again it's sad to see this project go, but maybe time will end up working it into a better place to compete in this genre. 

Really appreciate all the work you guys do and will be happy to put that founder money your giving back to me into your next endeavor. Thank you for all your hard work!

• Like 1

Maybe there's some bit of truth to the claim that there wasn't enough "interest" to keep the game going, but it's a bit interesting how a couple weeks after PoE hits suddenly this game is no longer viable. I don't think the majority of this community would be upset if DE was openly just like "Hey PoE was huge for us and we need all our people on it this game is getting shelved for now/forever." That and if it's 100% true that it just wasn't popular enough there's the massive discussion around how this was to be a f2p game that naturally could only be played in it's current state if you paid money or managed to get a key.

I think if you look at current f2p shooter offerings and put this game next to them, it blows most of those out of the water. Namely because most of them are samey, boring Korean lobby shooters that are essentially just asset flips. Ultimately I am sad to see it go for however long it's gone. The game was a ton of fun.

• Like 1

I still think the progression system was the issue. The more time you spent playing, the more cards you had, the better your chances of simply outgunning new players. In a few years it probably would be as unfriendly as Hearthstone to newbies. I never lost interest but my 3 friends who also got into the beta did--mostly because they saw how this could potentially become pay 2 win.

I played one day... and I loved it ;.; I enjoyed it, too bad it stopped... I'm Heart broken about this but thanks for giving us a chance to try this great game *in ofcourse my opinion ~KLB.

Sad to see this go. I had a lot of hope that this would sprout its way through the currently popular shooter games. :( But hey--we have to remain optimistic. It's a development pause with a server hiatus. Even through all the founder refunds, that doesn't mean they're giving up on it, so just in case, I look forward to perhaps one day seeing these characters pop up once more. Maybe here, or maybe through another game. The road to game development is a tough one, and not every step will be stable. This took a lot of guts to attempt, and I sincerely respect that. Either way, whether a game makes it or fails, you learn something, and therein lies potential for improvement. :)

Also, the TAE icon is staying on my desktop as long as my computer and DE permits it. <3

Edited by Dagan

11 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I still think the progression system was the issue. The more time you spent playing, the more cards you had, the better your chances of simply outgunning new players. In a few years it probably would be as unfriendly as Hearthstone to newbies. I never lost interest but my 3 friends who also got into the beta did--mostly because they saw how this could potentially become pay 2 win.

Perception on this was part of that problem.  People immediately assumed they were at an unbeateable advantage vs players who had gotten good cards.  I was mopping up people just fine with rearranged starter decks.  Some characters needed only a couple commons to create an OP meta deck.  If they had bothered to balance a handful of the OP legendaries and fabled cards this would've been a non issue.  DE should've had progression fixed before cbt launched, but their usual failure at new player experience compounded that problem.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, taterthot said:

Maybe there's some bit of truth to the claim that there wasn't enough "interest" to keep the game going, but it's a bit interesting how a couple weeks after PoE hits suddenly this game is no longer viable. I don't think the majority of this community would be upset if DE was openly just like "Hey PoE was huge for us and we need all our people on it this game is getting shelved for now/forever." That and if it's 100% true that it just wasn't popular enough there's the massive discussion around how this was to be a f2p game that naturally could only be played in it's current state if you paid money or managed to get a key.

I think if you look at current f2p shooter offerings and put this game next to them, it blows most of those out of the water. Namely because most of them are samey, boring Korean lobby shooters that are essentially just asset flips. Ultimately I am sad to see it go for however long it's gone. The game was a ton of fun.

Also, maybe they could've given a bit of time to see if PoE was eating into the player base here.  Hell they could've probably run a script and cross referenced IPs to see if warframe was hurting TAE.  That's going to be a problem with pretty much every game they create so they should've accounted for it. If they really went off the down turn in players in october (which had a decent number of big game releases) that'd be pretty disappointing.

Edited by Urabask

I believed and liked this game but if it really is over, I hope we get information that our money will be refunded, because with me, too, others have sacrificed much to the game. Warframe has quite a lot of bugs since the upgrade of POE has helped them to fix it at least to work properly

I will miss that game :'(...had quite much hope that it would rock over years....whatever I can't change it. 

I just have what question what about the refunds for people who payed with Paysafe ?

On 02/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, taterthot said:

if DE was openly just like "Hey PoE was huge for us...

What does "PoE" means?. 

2 hours ago, CONIN said:

What does "PoE" means?. 

Plains of Eidolon

The game can be successful. But the journey will definitely be tough. And it would require another passionate team with undying devotion like one of Warframe. The landscape for first person shooter was packed, but the game did have a niche and a good one too.    

Otherwise, note also there were few mistakes made too early in the game that caused some frictions. First, there was a name change to the game. Why took the name "amazing" and "eternal"? Sure, it may not have anything to do with it directly... but something happened. And the result? it's exactly just that, it turned out, not that "amazing", and definitely not "eternal" after all.

Then, there was another glaring issue; it seemed almost the devs were just willy-nilly resetting the game... and multiple times, too. Why should anyone even try if their progress is meaningless?! The value of time is real and priceless. Sure, changes are good. But changes made too quickly could alienate players.

damn, i just stopped playing the game a few weeks ago because of my PC problems, didn't even have a chance to test out the new board system

I hope the game will be back with a new look, rather than be "paused" forever

imo TAE is pretty fun to play and has its unique, sad to see it's gone

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, Zaroen said:

Plains of Eidolon

another masterpiece of DE.I am soo sory I culdnt support you guys with Fouders pack.SOO SORY

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, ndantony said:

The game can be successful. But the journey will definitely be tough. And it would require another passionate team with undying devotion like one of Warframe. The landscape for first person shooter was packed, but the game did have a niche and a good one too.    

Otherwise, note also there were few mistakes made too early in the game that caused some frictions. First, there was a name change to the game. Why took the name "amazing" and "eternal"? Sure, it may not have anything to do with it directly... but something happened. And the result? it's exactly just that, it turned out, not that "amazing", and definitely not "eternal" after all.

Then, there was another glaring issue; it seemed almost the devs were just willy-nilly resetting the game... and multiple times, too. Why should anyone even try if their progress is meaningless?! The value of time is real and priceless. Sure, changes are good. But changes made too quickly could alienate players.

soo true bro